One wouldn't be surprised to learn that as technology has advanced it has advanced in vehicle manufacture as well, to improve the safety of drivers, passengers, and everyone on the road. Thus, it is important not to ignore your car's warning lights when they light up on the console.
Ignoring warning lights in your vehicle can turn out to be costly and could lead to more serious problems. The computers in cars and other types of vehicles are there to make life easier for the driver also to ensure vehicle safety.
Here is a list of warning lights vehicle owners should look out for:
- The Airbag Light: If the airbag light is illuminated it means there is a problem with one or more of the airbags in the airbag system and it means that in the case of a collision one of the airbags may not deploy. This is often an electrical problem.
- The Oil Light: If the oil light is illuminated it could mean that the oil in the engine is low or that the oil pump is not working properly. Both problems are mechanical and should be looked at immediately.
- The Tire Pressure Light: This means that there is an imbalance in tire pressure. It may be too low or there may be too much pressure in your tires. This problem is relatively easy to fix and inexpensive.
- The Thermometer Light (the temperature light): This is a serious sign over overheating, and you should pull over immediately and turn off your engine. If this light is illuminated, it means your engine is too hot and keeping the engine running could result in irreparable damage.
- The Check Engine Light (service engine light): This light can mean anything from a loose gasoline tank cap or even an electrical fault that is not easily detectable. It is always a good idea to take your car to a mechanic if you see this light.
- The brake Light: This light would indicate an electronic problem in the brakes but can also be a sign that the car or vehicle is low on brake fluid.
Following this list of light warning signs in your car strictly may help prolong your car's use and save lives. If you see a warning light turn on your dashboard, we invite you to bring your vehicle into our professionals today!